Sunday, June 23, 2013

Changing True

Change me.
Get inside and shake everything.

A new peripheral vision slowly sweeping my skies,
I no longer recognize the faces around me,
I've spent all my time trying to know them.
Then, the sky falls, and I no longer know myself...

Growing into someone.
Growing away from you.

Aloneness
Empty and quiet and perfect.
The man who made me, failing,
my identity changing.

So, change me.
Make me who I am.
Pain and suffering,
free-flying Phoenix,
That cliche nosedived into deep blue.
Blue girl,
Eyes, fire, old to new,
Even though I care about you
Life happens as it needs to.

You said it was the same transition,
You deal with death ever-approaching
While I'm reborn.
It's losing you, and all I knew,
Or thought I was -
In your passing, I'm going to break through.

Here lies the shame, and truth:
All that held me back will die with you.

All those broken birds you've
Questioned my loving of,
I'll see it through.
And my guess is it will come to it's natural end
Along with you.
This is not for lack of love, but because of it...

All those lovely ones
Desperate to rescue me while trapped in a tree,
Branches leading them along lines too thin
To ever find their way back from

Someday I'll be done trying to reach them,
Reaching for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment