Saturday, September 19, 2009

Whispering Nights and Sleeping Moons

Once I heard stars whisper
Broken words explaining love
They said to hold my cheek to yours
To gain their knowledge of.

I felt the mountains crying
Hot springs their melted tears
I drank their warm, wet waters
And tasted all their years.

Thirst quenched, I left to walk alone
and travelled to the sea.
I slept beneath the current
Where the cold wind couldn't reach me.

I woke to find you waiting
On the shore of midnight tide.
Skin salted by the ocean mist
Eyes glowing emerald fire

Stars danced along the milky way
Worked hard to light the sky
Two lovers grew close far below
While distant peaks did sigh

Spirits touched upon the wind
And hearts began embracing
Waves found rest upon the beach
The night the moon stayed sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment